Sunday, December 1, 2013

Mosaic Monday: Iphoneography








When I was casting around for a subject for today's Mosaic Monday, I came across all the iPhone photos that I had saved on my computer's hard drive when I thought that my camera phone was no longer working.  I thought I might share a few of them here today.

They say that the best camera a photographer can have is the one she has with her.  More often than not, that will be the camera on your phone.  My husband and I try to walk most mornings before he leaves for work, and I love to capture my favorite subjects -- sunrise or fog -- with my iPhone.  Here are a few from earlier in the year.

Editing photos on your phone is easy and fun.  There are a few photo apps that I find myself coming back to again and again -- Snapseed,  Camera+ and VSCOcam are some of my absolute favorites.  If you enjoy working with textures, check out DistressedFX and Mextures.  For typography fans, Typic+ is a fabulous app, as well as Over.

If you'd like to check out my iphoneography, follow me on Instagram or check out my VSCO grid.  If you are on Instagram, I'd love to follow you -- just leave your IG name in the comments.  :)

Here are the instructions to join today's post:
1. Publish your Mosaic Monday post. The post may be about any subject you wish. The only stipulation is that it include a collage, or mosaic of photos.
2. Once it is published, click on the title of the post. This will lead you to the static link for your post. The static link is the page with only that post on it. Copy the url from your browser at the top of the page.
3. Paste the url into the appropriate inlinkz box in this post.
4. Type your name in the appropriate inlinkz box in this post.
5. Click on "Enter."
6. Please link back to this Mosaic Monday post so that your readers can find other wonderful mosaics.
That's all there is to it! It's always a good idea to then check and see if your link is working. If you have any questions, feel free to email me: mrcarroll(at)optonline.net

And a quick reminder: if you would like to join Mosaic Monday but don't know quite where to start, there is a tutorial on mosaic-making on my sidebar. Just scroll down, and click on the small blue mosaic. 



29 comments:

  1. Mary, lovely images from your Iphone.. Someday I might have the iphone, it does take wonderful photos for a phone. Thanks for sharing all the photo apps. Also, thank you for hosting! Have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the technique: 'Iphoneography'!;-D Beautiful images, Mary, especially like the fog, mysterious and dramatic and dreamy!

    Thanks so much for hosting and have a lovely week!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think early morning photos are beautiful - it's about the soft light at that time of day.
    These are lovely Mary.
    I have a Samsung Smartphone and it takes great photos and has good photo editing apps too!
    As always, many thank yous for hosting this party Mary.
    Shane

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful photos! I love these foggy images..

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful photos...no matter what type of camera...iphone or whatever. Thanks for sharing them :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos, and to think they were taken with a phone. Hubby and I must be one of the last people without an iPhone yet...maybe one day. For now we just use an old type for emergencies and I usually have my iPad in my purse.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary these are all so beautiful. . and so well done. I love your Iphoneography here and on Instg. Gorgeous as always. Your links I have but not all . Thanks so much for adding them here. The distressed is new to me. Happy December dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love seeing your walks through your iPhone photos. Thanks for hosting Mary.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can I give you a wow? With a capital W? Because I just did.

    When I see your iPhone imagery, I want to trade in my Samsung.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have learned to edit pics on my cell phone and it is indeed both fun and interesting! Wishing you a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are all so lovely...my favorite is the second one...just breathtaking

    ReplyDelete
  12. Second from top get my vote also. Great shots.
    Thanks for hosting!!!
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Mary, I only have a basic phone, but you are making me want to go and buy an iphone! fabulous photos. And you are right, the best camera is the one you have with you. Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think I need an upgrade! Gorgeous.
    Thanks for hosting.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Mary. Lovely images. Those iphones are wonderful aren't they? What ever did I do before I got one...lol. I'm so glad you put your link to Instagram up. I'm always forgetting to look if my friends have it or not and search for them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi again Mary...it's been a while since I've visited and I realize I haven't yet included my mosaic. That's because I can't find the one I had planned to use. I'll keep looking. Your photos are just lovely. And I agree with that saying ...any picture is a memory...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mary I always enjoy your early morning photos when I see them on facebook. You walk in a very beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful photos! The fog looks kinda mysterious...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely shots, Mary. I haven't progressed beyond taking photos with my camera - editing and textures will require a week's holiday at home, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love morning walks! Thx for hosting :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. the foggy images are ethereal and beautiful. I do instagram but wish I could do it on my computer as I just don't enjoy using my phone for photography as much as I do my camera.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Pretty pix are always worth saving and sharing!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great photos. Thanks for hosting.
    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  24. This makes me want to work on my iPhone photos! I usually go to the Photoshop app…when I have time. But oh how I love Instagram. Have followed you. I'm at @aneyefordetail if you want to take a look. I must remember, one of these days, to post a collage on a Sunday evening!

    ReplyDelete
  25. So...here is what I have to say about this...you are a genius, these are great Mary...as for me...I had to ask my daughter if my cell phone takes photos...YES, OF COURSE it does she says...so, guess I will have to learn how and begin snapping...that is IF, I remember to place said phone on the charger ;)

    ReplyDelete
  26. These are lovely! I am very impressed. I cannot take a decent picture with my phone to save my soul. Thanks for hosting each week!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Find a roommate in everyone 1 click shows results on map dynamic filtering system room share extensive search criteria new rooms mailed to your inbox route plot for your house visit cnd much more... All for free!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment. I love to hear what you have to say!